Thursday 2 August 2012

A Chosen Few

This was sent to us by a dear friend recently.  I enjoyed it a lot and thought to pass it on.


A Chosen Few

I've heard there are a special few chosen in this world
To be mom’s and daddy’s of special boys and girls.
There's nothing you can change, no there's nothing you can do,
When God looks down and He chooses you.

At first I questioned why God gave him to me;
Could I raise a child with a disability?
How do I hold him? and How will I care?
Will it ever go away or always be there?

They said the days ahead were going to be hard—
Boys like him, in this life, don't get very far,
They said he may not walk or run, and he may not understand,
He'll always be a little boy, but never be a man.

There are certain things a mother knows on how to raise a child;
When to be stern, and when to be mild,
How to kiss a hurt away, or how to kiss good-night,
How to say "I love you", when the time is right.

I think its awful sad, when some don't take what they have,
They think a special child, is having something bad,
But I praise the Lord for the son He gave to me,
I place each day in His hands, whatever it may be.

Yes, I've heard there are a special few chosen in this world,
To be mom’s and daddy’s of special boys and girls.
There's nothing you would change, no there's nothing you would do,
When God looks down and He blesses you.
When God looks down and He blesses you.
Words & Music by Shelly Uphole

No comments:

Post a Comment