- He's been enjoying quite a bit of time outside, which he LOVES!! He's usually grumpy for a bit when we take him in, but that's ok. It shows us that his brain properly processes his likes/dislikes, which is a huge stepping stone! :)
- He's beginning to roll onto his right side. It's so nice that he can become more comfortable on his own! What a milestone :)
- He's been sleeping at night surprisingly well! He's been waking up to the minute, that the nurse is done her shift. It seems when he gets a good night’s sleep, his days are so much more manageable!
- He's becoming much more vocal :) In a pleasant way. He's making more different noises in response to different things. It's truly beautiful to witness. I love our new found conversations :)
- He no longer needs chest physio. There is simply no explanation for this, but we'll gladly accept this new stage. His lungs have been perfectly clear for several weeks. Incredible!!
- A new GI med has been added while another one has been discontinued. And the world of changing meds continues. It seems like the med is having the desired effect, so that's a bonus!
- Unfortunately we witnessed another apnea spell on Sunday :( On a positive note, it was the first one we saw in 6 weeks. That's the longest we've gone once they reared their ugly head in December.
- By far the least fortunate for us was that Ashley, a night nurse, changed positions in the nursing world for a management position. We wish her the best, but it's more than difficult to see a nurse leave whose heart was so caring for Jacob. She was a gem and will always have a very soft spot in our hearts! The kids had a really hard time with her leaving too, as she was such a fun person to wake up to. I'm convinced she'll be glad that she's gone though because we've been battling bats in our house :( She witnessed a bat in our house last summer, and let's just say, she didn't handle it very calmly!
|Ashley - is dearly missed already!|